Prof. Kwan Woo Nam
Division of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science,
ELTECH College of Engineering, Ewha Womans University,
52, Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 03760, Republic of Korea
Phone: +82-2-3277-4708 / E-mail: email@example.com
PhD, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Republic of Korea (2016)
- Advisor: Prof. Jang Wook Choi (Current Affiliation: Seoul National University)
- Thesis: Hydrated Layered Cathodes for High Performance Sodium and Magnesium Rechargeable Batteries
MS, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Republic of Korea (2012)
- Advisor: Prof. Jung-Ki Park
- Thesis: A Study of Surface Treated Graphene Support for Enhancing The Catalytic Activity and Stability for Oxygen Reduction Reaction in PEMFC
BS, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea (2010)
- Materials Science and Engineering, Summa Cum Laude
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Ewha Womans University (2021/03~Present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University (2018/09 ~ 2021/01)
(Advisor: Prof. Fraser Stoddart (the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry))
- Senior Researcher, Battery Research and Development, LG Chem. Research Park (2016/02 ~ 2018/08)
(Part Leader in Developing Advanced Separators for Lithium-Ion Batteries)
- Visiting Aurbach Group at Bar-Ilan University in Israel (2014)
(Prof. Doron Aubach: The first developer of rechargeable Mg batteries)
- Visiting Kanno and Takayangi Group at Tokyo Institute of Technology in Japan (2014)
(Prof. Ryoji Kanno: Pioneer in the development of all-solid-state batteries)
(Prof. Kunnio Takayanagi: Leading STM analysis group)
- Military Service, Republic of Korea Auxiliary Police in Yangju Police Station (2005/01 ~ 2007/01)
- awards and honors
- Guest Editor for the Journal of "Energies" (2020 ~ 2021)
- Editors' Highlights and Top 50 Chemistry and Materials Science Articles in 2019 from Nature Communications
- Top 3 Researchers for Many Patents within the Materials Group of the LG Chem. Battery Research Institute in 2017
- Awarded for Excellent Researcher in the Second Half of 2017 in the Materials Group of the LG Chem.
- Full National Grantee, KAIST (2010 ~ 2016)
- Summa Cum Laude, Hanyang University (2010)
- Full Grantee, Dongbu Cultural Foundation (2008 ~ 2010)
- Industrial-Academic a Scholarship Student, Hyundai-Kia Motors Group (2008 ~2010)
- Selected Publications
- K.W. Nam et al. "Redox-active Phenanthrenequinone Triangles in Aqueous Rechargeable Zinc Batteries"
Journal of the American Chemical Society, 142, 5, 2541, 2020
- K.W. Nam et al. "Conductive 2D Metal-Organic Framework for High-Performance Cathodes in Aqueous Rechargeable Zinc Batteries"
Nature Communications, 10:4948, 1, 2020
(Editors' Highlights, Top 50 Chemistry and Materials Science Articles in 2019)
- K.W. Nam et al. "Crystal Water for High Performance Layered Manganese Oxide Cathodes in Aqueous Rechargeable Zinc Batteries"
Energy & Environmental Science, 12, 1999, 2019
- K.W. Nam et al. "Direct Observation of Anomalous Spinel-to-Layered Phase Transition Mediated by Crystal Water intercalation"
Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 54, 50, 15094, 2015
- K.W. Nam et al. "The High Performance of Crystal Water Containing Manganese Birnessite Cathodes for Magnesium Batteries"
Nano Letters, 15, 6, 4071, 2015
- K.W. Nam et al. "Critical Role of Crystal Water for a Layered Cathode Material in Sodium Ion Batteries"
Chemistry of Materials, 27, 10, 2015
- Scholary Activities
- Peer Review: Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Communications, Energy & Environmental Science, Nano Letters, ACS Nano, Chemistry of Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Nano Energy, Electrochimica Acta, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy,
- research Interests
- Rechargeable Batteries, Fuel Cells, Electrochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry